9/27/10

Survivor Gianna Jessen Part 1

I remember meeting this amazing young woman when we were both teens. I can't remember the circumstances but I heard her speak at a small gathering and even then she left an impression on me.  She is now arguably one of the most "dangerous" woman in America because she declares life.  She speaks truth. Truth no one wants to hear.   Truth  is dangerous to those who would rather not know, for those who have already hardened their hearts, closed their minds and drawn a line. Who is worthy of life and who is not.  Who deserves compassion and who does not.


Whether you consider yourself adamantly "pro-choice" , passionately "pro-life" or somewhere in between. Please take a few minutes to watch this in it's entirety.   I only found the youtube version in two parts.  Please watch this one and then scroll down to find part 2.  It just gets better.

She is incredibly articulate and compelling as she shares her own miraculous story of surviving the silent Holocaust. What was intended for evil...God is using for good.

She speaks for the estimated 46 million victims who's voices have been effectively and legally silenced.  They have been silenced by a multi million dollar industry that kills for profit.  It kills for convenience.  It exist under the disguise of "womens rights".

To quote Gianna "If abortion is merely about women's rights than what were mine?....there was not a radical femanist standing up and yelling about how my rights were being violated that day.... my life was being snuffed out in the name of women's rights. "

In fact, I would not have cerebral palsy if i had not survived all of this..
When I hear the appalling , discusting argument that we should have abortions because the child just might be disabled...UGGG...the horror that fills my heart.  Ladies and gentlemen there are things that you will only be able to learn by the weakest among us and when you snuff them out you are the one that looses,  the Lord looks after them, but you are the one that will suffer forever...."


(don't forget to scroll WAY down to the bottom of my blog and hit pause on the music first)



"Women you are not made for abuse...you are not made to sit and not know your worth and your value.  You are made to be fought for ...forever."


"What arrogance, what absolute arrogance that the stronger should dominate the weaker...should determine who lives or dies.  Don't you realize that you cannot make your own heart beat?!...it is the mercy of God that sustains you...even when you hate him."


"and If you think I'm a fool..well.....it's just another jewel in my crown."

"How much are you willing to take? 
How much are you willing to risk to speak the truth in love and graciousness and stand up and at least be willing to be hated
....or at the end of the day is it all about you?"
This video is so much more than political agenda or standing for an "issue".   Her words touch on the value of life,  our own humanity, disabilities, joyful affliction, rejection by her own broken biological family...being hated for standing for truth.

That part hit me like a freight train.  22 months ago I was faced with a tragic and uncomfortable truth.  I made the difficult decision to stand firmly in reality (even painful reality) rather than denial and speak truth soaked in grace, forgiveness and love. It has been undeniably one of the most stressful and heartbreaking seasons of my life.    I have refused to take part in  heart wrenching injustice, blame, bitterness and brokenness... and I am currently hated for it.  I did not call to account like a prophet, point a finger, or demanded vindication for the wounded (not that I haven't wanted to at times).... but I am labelled dangerous just the same.  It didn't take much.  All it took was stepping  across that line from the land of blissful make believe into complicated truth, showing love and grace to someone whose voice had been effectively snuffed out.   Snuffed out because it spoke truth no one wanted to hear.   Maybe I am dangerous.  Maybe standing for grace, honesty, compassion, integrity, forgiveness and healing...in the middle of chaos, deception and destruction is dangerous to the one who desires to destroy us.     I can only hope so.  In that case I will gladly wear the label.   At the end of the day it's not about me.

Gianna's view on being hated...encouraged me.  Keep standing.  "So, no matter what you say in all your anger and brokenness  and rage it is not mine to carry.  And I won't".  My Savior was despised and rejected too.
 "How much are you willing to take? 
How much are you willing to risk to speak the truth in love and graciousness .."

Gianna was just one more throw away baby.  A bundle of cells.   A fetus.

I cry a silent prayer of gratitude to God for sparing my own precious Cece's life from being snuffed out.
Unwanted and inconvenient in the eyes of the world...in the eyes of her own flesh and blood.
She could have so easily been disposed of.
Her smile, that is pure sunlight ,could have been extinguished before it ever brought a single person joy.
...but God saw her.
She does not belong to anyone but Him.
She is the beloved daughter of the One that set the earth in it's place.  He created the stars and He created her.  She is His girl.
When we mess with one of God's precious little ones we are going to answer to Him for it.
God preserved her.
He was with her as she was knit together in her mothers womb.
He was with her as she was placed in my arms for the first time.
He will be with her as we face an uncertain future together.
She was not destroyed.   God has a plan.
He has a funny way of using the most unlikely people for his purposes.
Like a 2 lb baby  born in an abortion clinic.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...