5/15/13

Farm Boy



It's seeding time again on the farm.   
Our life here is marked by the seasons. 


This is Elijah's first seeding time, his first Spring on the Canadian prairie.


We went out to the field today to take Daddy his supper.   It was good for Elijah to see where Daddy is.  Now he'll have a picture in his mind when we answer "Daddy's driving the tractor" or "Daddy's working" in response to the question "whew is Daddy?" asked a thousand times a day.


This is where Daddy spends his days and evenings lately.


Farm kids are used to the ebb and flow of the seasons, and understanding that sometimes Daddy is home a lot and sometimes he's very scarce. 


Change is a little harder on this guy, who very much appreciates ritual and routine, but he's been a trooper...and he does LOVE tractors.




God knew what he was doing when he matched these two up.



"Look mommy, I'm a farmer girl!"



"As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night,
           will never cease."  Genesis 8:22





"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord.  For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord".... 
...My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high
My mouth boasts over my enemies, 
  for I delight in your deliverance."  
1 Samuel 1:27,28- 2:4











1 comment:

Phil and Debbie Douce said...

Thanks for sharing, Carla! I loved catching up on life on the farm with your precious troupe!