10/23/12

Snow Birds



Silas face pretty much looks like how I feel when winter arrives.



It looks like he's thinking...."Remind me why we live here again"


I'm glad I pulled out the snow gear yesterday, because this is what we woke up to this morning.


Some of us are more thrilled than others.  Cece thought it was wonderful and Roman is just happy he has something to dig.  He and his shovel are having a fantastic time together.  Thank God for heavy work.

Speaking of Roman, he got glasses last week and I'm happy to report they are still in one piece.  He insists that they make a big difference (even though his prescription isn't very strong) so I'm hoping that it helps with his frustration level when doing book work.  He has done an awful lot of eye rubbing and complaining of head aches lately. 


In other news..
our little guy in a far away land received the care package we sent to him. 



Here he is winding a tiny little transparent music box. 


Looking at some pictures of his new family members and our every day life. 


Some Robeez shoes, socks, treats, animal crackers, a John Deere tractor, a book, a music box and a couple little toys the kids snuck in.  It was a small package but it feels amazing to see something that we held in our own hands in his.   

Oh my heart I can't wait to get my hands on this boy.  We're still hoping for a January trip.  We're currently waiting on our "LOA" or otherwise known as "letter seeking confirmation" which is one of the final steps other than our travel invitation.  We're at about day 48 and in we've been watching other people's LOA come anywhere between about 40 and 120 days.  There's really no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.  It seems the typical wait is around 65 days.  Once we have our letter we could travel in about a month I think...or on the next month our agency does a trip which in our case would be Jan.  We should have everything done by then, that is unless we got in the wrong check out line for the LOA and it takes 120 days instead of 60.  I'm confident it will all work out in His timing.

This weekend I was given the opportunity to serve lunch at a trade show to raise money for our adoption.  I spent quite a few days last week cooking and baking up a storm (and recruiting my mom to bake as well).  It was actually quite fun, in a totally exhausting way...and at the end of the day we have $275 more for our adoption fund!  

and because life just wasn't interesting enough....

We are headed to Mexico in a week!!
I don't really have time to explain right now how God opened this door for us to go after months of seeking and praying about it (honestly we didn't expect it would happen this year for obvious reasons) but we're super happy to go.  I'll save the story for another post. 

I've been busy sorting donations,  doing the great season exchange of clothing, and packing for a 4 day road trip and a month in Baja Mexico.  
I'm feeling about as scattered as my house looks at the moment.  I'll give you fair warning...if you stop by my house unannounced it pretty much looks like chaos on steroids.  I may even forget your name, or my own...or just stare at you blankly.  My brain is filled to the brim with mental lists and because of of cold and flu season I'm quite sleep deprived.   
Don't judge me too harshly....this chaos has a purpose.  I must admit it's been hard to stay focused on home school lessons when we're only a couple weeks away from smooching these little cheeks.  



We're looking forward to surprising our "Special Seven"...the kids that call me Tia.  
We're super excited to hang out with and serve Amber and Saul and our other friends at EFF!  We're also super duper excited to gorge ourselves on tacos and tamales.   It will be a bit of a whirl wind fast trip down and back.  Because it's such a last minute spontaneous trip we don't have a lot of firm plans as far as "projects" but we're going to rent a house in town again and make ourselves available to whatever (or whoever) the Lord has for us.


The thought of being gone while finishing up two adoptions and then possibly leaving again in January kind of makes me want to breath into a paper bag!...and thinking about all that needs to be done makes me want to take a nap.   If you don't hear from me for a bit it's fair to assume I'm neck deep in a pile of mess somewhere, attempting to teach a home school lesson, dissociating from my to-do list by wasting time on Facebook, tending to my neglected children, or trying to scrape up something for dinner.

I'll do my best to take my blog friends along with us again this year...so stay tuned for another Burlando family adventure.


Soli Deo Gloria,

3 comments:

Marcy Payne said...

**breathing into a paper bag for you** that makes me want to panic. LOL! So, I will do the panicking (I'm super good at it) while you do the rest of your lists. It'll work out for you really well...not so good for me...but I'll take one for the team :-) I am so excited for you!!! So many amazing things happening all at once. Woo hoo! Go God!!!

Lynnea said...

OH MY! I would pack up and move to Mexico too!!! THAT is just crazy girl but so very exciting!!!Can't wait to hear more!
E looks sooo happy! :)
HUGS!
May the LOA come SOON!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow such excitement and craziness at your house!! I am so thrilled you are able to once again see these people that you love so much.
I love, love, love the pics of Elijah. Too adorable your kids are.
Please keep us updated on your trip whether here, facebook or tweet land. LOL
Have a great time in your whirlwind of life.