7/10/11

Fully Healed



As we sang this song at church this morning I stood with my arms raised and tears running down my cheeks.  Both grief and joy mixed and caught me off guard.

Yesterday a very special young man named Javier was healed.  He was freed from the body that was so very weak and sick as he was called home by his Heavenly Father

Javier's beautiful soul, that was such a blessing to all those who knew him, is now with the Lord he loved so much.
He lived his life wracked with physical sickness and disability but with every corner of his spirit he lived in the fullness of Christ....la plenitude.


That boy always cracked me up!  I don't know what I was laughing about but I guarantee Javi was at the root of my amusement.  Just look at the smirk on his face.  He was probably telling me I should ditch my man and marry him.  


It was an honor to call him my friend.


His joy was contagious.
His smile ,that required more strength than he had, was infectious.
He was an adolescent boy that was utterly dependent on his caregivers for every physical need but
he lived his life with a  faith and strength that few of us will ever know.
He lived life in it's fullness.

Although we grieve, it's hard not to be happy for him.
His faith is now sight .
He loved to sing and now he is singing along with choirs of angels.
He can run, dance, climb and jump.
He can run into the arms of his Savior.

I know this boy had a special place in the Father's heart, and even though he was the weakest among us he had a mighty calling.   He brought people closer to the heart of God.


Javier worshiped and praised the name of Jesus with every bit of strength he had...even while he suffered.


Javier I miss you already.
I had hoped that when I  left Mexico 15 months ago that we would meet again soon.
I'm sad that I won't be able to take you for bike rides, see your smile, or crack jokes with you when we return....but I know we will see you again.  Soon.  I remember saying "hasta luego" (see you later) to you instead of goodbye when we left because goodbye's suck.   Hasta luego  y te quiero mi amigo.

Javier will be missed terribly by his family including his brother who also has Muscular Dystrophy.  I can't image how hard it must be for him.  Javier lived with his family but spent his days at the Missions "Learning Center for Children with Disabilities".   He was a part of everyone's life at the Mission/Orphanage in Baja.  He will be missed by all those who cared for him.    Please keep them in your prayers.  He was well loved by so many and will be missed.

No more sorrow.  No more pain.

This next song I've heard was one of Javier's favorites.  A song he requested to be sung to him on his death bed.


It is a beautiful song.  I loved singing this one at our church in Mexico.
The first few seconds of this version are cheese ball but stick with it.
For those who are Spanishly challenged...
It translates something like this (keep in mind I'm still quite linguistically inept).

God will not reject your prayer
Prayer is nourishment
I've never seen the righteous go unanswered
or remain in suffering.


We only need to wait
on what God will do.
When you raise your hands
It's the hour of victory


Oh, praise (worship)  {Him}
just praise  {Him}
When you're crying...praise
In the test ....praise
When you're suffering...praise.
It doesn't matter...just praise.
He will hear your praise.


God goes before you and makes a way
breaking chains and pulling thorns
He sends His angels to fight with you
He opens doors no one can shut
He works for those who trust
and walks with you day and night
raise your hands and begin to sing
your victory has arrived


People need to understand that God 
is working, even when he seems to be silent.
When you extend your hands
it's the time to overcome.


Praise God, Praise God...




No one I know lived this truth more fully than Javier did.


"....God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.  
He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things-
and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are
so that no one can boast before him.
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, 
who has become for us wisdom from God,
that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption.
Therefore as it is written; "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord"  
1 Corinthians 1: 27-31



1 comment:

Stacey said...

Beautiful memories and thoughts of a beautiful young man. Thank you fir sharing your memories with us.