8/5/11

Swiss Chard, Goony kids and Family memories


A peak at some of this years garden and Silas in half his pajamas.


Foraging for breakfast in the Swiss chard?


A nice little hiding place...the mosquitoes like to hide there too.



 The kids are loud.  The house is a mess.  The laundry won't leave me alone.  The raspberries need to be picked almost everyday.  We're going through food faster than trips to town can keep up.   Life as usual.
We're keeping cool with Mr. Freezies...lots of them.  We use them as bribery actually.
Our household of 8 has meshed together quite well for the last month.  
It will be strange not to have them here next week.
I was just peaking at last summers posts with our Seattle relatives.  Last summer was their first visit to Canada and our first time seeing our nephew.  They have all grown SO much since last year.  Well, except for the amazing shrinking Auntie who has lost 100lbs in the last 2 years and just keeps dropping.  Every time I see her she has shrunk a few sizes!  You can reminisce with me here and here if you want to.  



Only 3 days left with our summer visitors.  It will be nice to try to restore some semblance of order and routine to our household...although I'm really going to miss having another live adult human to visit with during the day (not to mention help me with all the above mentioned tasks).   Please don't leave me...

This is my cutie sis-in-law and me enjoying some quiet time at the end of a day. 
Late evenings are my favorite. 

The three of us adults have had a lot of good belly hurting laughs , movie nights, and  story telling to fill in the gaps of all the missing years.  Too many late bedtimes.  

It's been a good summer. 

1 comment:

Marcy Payne said...

Wow!! Those plants are tall! Your garden looks amazing. I miss that about farm/acerage living. We don't have much of a garden here and what I try to grow just fizzles and badly. I had no idea how good I had it on the farm up until 4 yrs ago. We were there for 7 yrs. Sigh! It's great to have company and feels good to be back in the "groove" again after they leave.