1/14/09

Magdalena

My heart is broken once again for a family who were recently forced to say good-bye too soon. Little Magdalena Grace Roberts was born with Trisomy 18 this summer. I have been following her miraculous story, miraculous because with a Trisomy baby each day is a miracle and a blessing. My husband and I both enjoyed seeing her pictures with each blog post, watching her grow, cheering her on and celebrating each milestone from afar. She was adored by her two parents who loved and doted on their little girl knowing that someday they too would have to say good-bye. I can't imagine the pain of an empty bassinet, a closet full of clothes, and a big hole in the middle of a family . Being a parent one day and then being childless the next is a horrible thing. They are an amazing testimony and an amazing family. You can find them and see their little girl on my side bar "Oh love that will not let me go" . I can't beleive how much that little girl has worked her way into my heart. Her parents have asked that the people attending her celebration of life service tomorrow (Thurs.) would wear pink in honor of little Magdalena. Since I obviously won't be travelling to MS. tomorrow I will proudly be wearing pink anyway. I would invite you to have a glimpse of her life via her blog and then wear a little pink tomorrow in honor of a beautiful girl who has finished her work. Please keep her parents in your prayers too.

No comments: