1/28/13

China Update

Hi,
         its Aili.

As my mom is is away, she is not able to blog so she emailed me an update.  I will post parts of
it here for her.



Our first 24 hrs with Elijah have been so good....better than I expected.  When we met him at the office he was so excited and hyper.  It was amazing to see the child we've loved through photos materialize in the flesh...very huggable, cute flesh i might add.  he warmed up to us pretty quickly.  He was such a show off....all he wanted to do was walk back and forth to us by himself.  I figured out pretty fast how he says " get out of my way".  I'm glad we're back at the hotel practicing now where there is soft carpet rather than hard slippery marble.  He's doing so well with his walking.  He's buzzing up and down the hotel hallway with his new crutch and right now he's walking back and forth between the cot and our bed...about 6 steps with no help. It reminds me of watching my toddlers learn to walk, hands up in the air. 

      After a happy, smoochie, hyper few hours yesterday , we took him out for a walk in the stroller so our guide could show us around a bit and where the food store was.  By the time we got back and went to supper his mood had changed.  What goes up must come down.  He seemed overwhelmed, very serious and quiet.  He did eat a bit but because he looked like he was either going to fall asleep, barf, or cry...we kept supper short.  
He went to bed great and slept like a rock. I wish I slept like he did! For some reason my body thought it was morning at 3am.  

       This morning we ate breakfast with some friends. After visiting with them for a while,we ate at a hotel restaurant.  It was interesting.  I think I prefer the supper buffet because I can see what I'm getting and can avoid things with beaks , snouts, or feet attached ;) 

           Elijah has been so sweet and easy.  He loves to rough house and wrestle with baba.  This afternoon we were just laying low in our hotel room and playing with Elijah. After the hectic travel pace it's wonderful just to hermit and rest together.  Nathanael is doing so well with his new boy and having a lot of patience with him.  He's been good at incorporating stretching into they're play time.   Right now they're snuggled up playing with his phone.   This little boy is such a gift!


No comments: