Summer is here!



Just a short post....no really it is. At least that's what I'm intending it to be :)

For 7 months out of the year we are frozen white tundra..for another couple of those we are brown and barren. So for the next few months I am basking in colour , warmth and life.

Lilacs are my favorite flower!
My bushes finally produced a whole whack of lilacs this year. I'm sad they are about done their blooming. I love that smell.
I would fill my house with them but my husband whines that they make his eyes burn and his nose run. What a baby...dumb allergies.


My garden is growing great this year despite the cool dry spring. My wonderful, non whiny, husband hauled me in a big load of composted cattle manure (about 10 years old). One of the perks of having a farmer for a husband. Free cow poop! My plants are loving it.

These are some chives getting soaked with the soaker hose.

Keep in mind I don't claim to be a photographer. I have a simple point and shoot camera....I'm easy that way. I was out one evening sitting by my garden watching it grow when I had the sudden urge to take pictures of my little baby plants. That's not weird at all is it?



Bean plants that survived many frosty nights last month. A few suffered but I was amazed at how tough they are.



Some Swiss chard and spinach getting friendly. I planted them in separate rows but somehow they found their way to each other...either that or my helper spilled the seeds.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attached

What your Church needs from you. A letter to the big, messy, adoptive family.

About Elijah