I'm Second Place!


I have have been honored with a second place ribbon this morning.
My very sweet and sensible 4 year old son presented me with a big hug and said 
"Mommy I love you, this is for you.
You are the second best mommy in the whole world"

I suppose , given the number of moms in the world, second place is quite an achievement!   It's good to know there's always room for improvement and I think that the pressure of maintaining number one would be just too much for me.
 Maybe if I ditch the pink bathrobe and start baking more cookies I will make 1st place next year!!

When I ever so humbly asked why I didn't get first place he  shrugged and answered
"because that was the only ribbon I could find under Aili's bed"

Look out mom number one...you're going down.  



Comments

Mary said…
That's sweet- Congratulations on such a great achievement!
Marcy said…
Oh that made me laugh! Esp your excited face as you hold the ribbon up. I haven't got even a participant ribbon so you are doing great!! LOL
Lynnette Kraft said…
That provided a good laugh for me! I love you and your kids! :)
Lynnette Kraft said…
You need a "Share" widget so your posts are easy to share. :) Just saying - this post is share worthy (and I did on Twitter!). :)
Love ya!
Lynnette
Carla said…
Ha. Lynnette, I tried but don't know how!...maybe I should take a road trip to Kansas so you and your smarty pants daughter can give me some blog tutoring. :) Anyone want to help me out and message me on how to do it? I know I'm really pathetic.
Carla said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
We Are Family said…
Now THAT is priceless!

Popular posts from this blog

Attached

About Elijah

One year with Ray.