I am posting 10 things about me as part of a getting to know each other "McLinky" community over at my favorite blog. Lynette, I might not be able to join you on your front porch for a good chat but I do have a pile of beans that need to be snapped. :) I'll think of you while I'm snapping.
1. I'm a big dork/ nerd that tries in vain to pretend that I'm not. Now the truth is out. Those who know me are not at all shocked.
( In an attempt to rearrange the writing and pictures from their currently disfunctional format I accidentally deleted the picture to go with this point...and have since discovered it is also deleted from my picture files..hmm. The rest of the pictures have no particular purpose or placement)
2. I'm a totally flexible and spontaneous person. Life is more fun that way.
3. I like to dance in my kitchen with my kids. Why? see #1.
4. I like adventures. I like to see new places and try new things. I've never had the resources to travel extensively....but I would like to see as much of the world as possible someday.
5. I'm actually a pretty shy person. Small talk and meeting new people (in person) makes me totally uncomfortable. Fortunately my husband is an extreme extrovert so I just hide behind him in new social settings. Once I warm up though , look out.
6. Despite some residual shyness and insecurities I am not at all a private person. In case you haven't noticed I'm pretty much an open book. What you see is what you get. I have definite aversion to hidden motives, ugly secrets and phony facades.
7. I have "thick skin" and take life as it comes. Things really don't shock me any more. I am not easily offended and usually assume and look for the best in people and situations. I'm not a big fan of "drama" or pity parties.
8. Although I appreciate and strive for a sense of order and cleanliness in my home ( I'm a bit of a germ phobe) I am not at all talented in the area of organization and structure. My house is clean enough to be healthy but messy enough to be happy.
9. I like learning about nutrition and healthy living. I'm not extreme and make no "off limits" rules but I think its important to take care of the bodies that God gives us. Its part of good stewardship. Being healthy also makes life a heck of a lot easier. Teaching kids to enjoy healthy foods and eat adventurously early sets them up for a lifetime of good habits. I will never serve my kids stuff like kool-aid or pop tarts...but if they happen to have "junkfood" somewhere else or on a special occasion I don't give it a second thought.
10. My happy place is a beach chair overlooking a warm ocean. Sitting under a palm tree with a good book in one hand an exotic drink in the other. Nothing but the soothing sound of waves.
Not a frequent occurrence for this prairie farm girl but I like to imagine myself there on occasion (usually the occasions that include screaming children and dinner burning on the stove!)