5/10/09

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

To my mom. To my second mom. To the moms with kids all grown up. To the moms with a house full of little ones. To the moms waiting expectantly, and to the moms who have children waiting for them in heaven. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Once a mommy always a mommy.

I found this little writing...I didn't write it and I actually found it on another blog so I can take know credit for any wisdom gleaned from it. I loved it so I thought I'd share and dedicate it to my mom today, who is a woman of strength.

A WOMAN OF STRENGTH

" A strong woman works out every day
to keep her body in shape...
But a woman of strength kneels
in prayer to keep her soul in shape.

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything.
But a woman of strength shows
courage in the midst of fear.

A strong woman won't let any one get the best of her.
But a woman of strength gives the best
of herself to everyone.

A strong woman makes mistakes and
avoids the same in the future...
A woman of strength realizes life's mistakes
can also be God's blessings and capitalizes on them.

A strong woman walks sure-footedly
But a woman of strength knows God will
catch her when she falls.

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face
But a woman of strength wears grace.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey...
but a woman of strength has faith that it is in the
journey that she will become strong."

-author unknown-


This didn't actually talk specifically about moms but all moms know that we need our strength renewed on a daily basis. :)

For all you Moms of strength out there.....HAVE A BLESSED MOTHERS DAY!!!

No comments: